Why should I include collagen in my diet?
Collagen supplements boast a huge number of benefits which can all enhance your day to day life. Collagen is a naturally occurring essential protein which is found in your skin, muscles, bones, joints and even your hair and nails!
Boosting your daily intake of collagen (and ensuring that you are not collagen deficient) is vital for slowing down the ageing process and enabling you to stay youthful, energised and independent.
‘How can I find out if I’m collagen deficient?’ I hear you say! Read our blog to help you spot The Major Warning Signs That Could Mean You Are Collagen Deficient!
What’s the easiest way to get collagen into my diet?
It is now easier than ever to boost your collagen intake! Collagen supplements are made available in tablet, powder and liquid form for your convenience and are specifically designed to be easily incorporated into your daily life.
Reverse Life have created a ground-breaking collagen drink packed full of all of the essential nutrients you need to kick-start your healthy lifestyle! Simply taking just a shot a day has been shown to improve the strength of your nails and hair and make your skin look brilliantly radiant! You can take this supplement by itself, or incorporate it into these tasty, mouthwatering recipes below!
3 Delicious Collagen Infused Recipes
Turn back the clock with these 3 deliciously versatile collagen boosting recipes! It has never been easier to combine our versatile Reverse Life collagen shots into these anti-ageing showstoppers - and they don’t break the bank!
Tandoori Roasted Cauliflower Soup
This warming and hearty soup is perfect comfort food with an earthy, rich taste!
- 750g bitesize cauliflower florets
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large onion - diced
- 1 tsp garlic - crushed
- 1 tsp ginger - finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 2 tsp medium curry powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tin of tomatoes - drained and diced
- 500ml chicken stock
- 200g green beans - cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 Reverse Life collagen shots
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh basil - chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Toss ⅓ of the cauliflower florets in a bowl with 1 tsp curry powder, ½ tsp salt and a little oil to coat. Spread florets onto the baking tray and roast for 30 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and the rest of the salt and cook until softened but not browned.
- Stir in the cumin seeds, the rest of the curry powder, ginger, garlic and mustard seeds to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken stock and rest of the cauliflower to the pan and bring to a boil then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Using a blender, puree the soup then add the green beans and the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes or until the beans are tender.
- Stir in the Reverse Life collagen shots and lime juice then serve into bowls. Garnish with roasted cauliflower florets and basil and enjoy!
Bacon Wrapped Creamy Jalapenos
These fiery crowd pleasers are bound to spice up any gathering! Remember to wear gloves when preparing these - and DO NOT touch your face!
Yields 24 servings
- 12 Jalapenos cut lengthways with membrane and seeds removed
- 2 Reverse Life collagen shots
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 30g parmesan cheese
- 225g cream cheese
- 24 thin strips of bacon
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut bacon slices into thirds and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, Reverse Life collagen shots, garlic and onion powder and parmesan.
- Pour mixture into a large piping bag and snip off the tip. Carefully pipe the mixture into the jalapeno halves and place onto a baking tray. The cheese will expand in the oven, so take care not to overfill.
- Lay the bacon strips in an X shape over the jalapeno halves and wrap ends around the top and bottom. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before sprinkling with a pinch of salt and garlic powder then serve on a large platter.
Decadent Collagen Brownies
These deliciously decadent collagen-infused chocolate brownies are a real treat! They’ll even keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks!
Yields 12 brownies
- 85g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 50g milk chocolate - chopped into chunks
- 50g white chocolate - chopped into chunks
- 185g unsalted butter - cut into small cubes
- 185g quality dark chocolate - broken into small pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 275g golden caster sugar
- 2 Reverse Life collagen shots
- Put the dark chocolate and butter into a medium glass bowl
- Fill a small saucepan with hot water - about a quarter full. Place the bowl on top of the pan. Ensure that it does not touch the water. Over a low heat, gently stir the butter and chocolate until fully melted then remove the bowl from the pan and let mixture cool to room temperature.
- As this cools, preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan.
- Line the base of a shallow 20cm square tin with baking parchment. Into a medium bowl, sieve the flour and cocoa powder together ensuring there are no lumps.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl with the sugar and whisk together with an electric mixer on high speed until thick and creamy. It will look pale and become double its original volume.
- Pour the cooled chocolate and the Reverse Life shots over the egg and sugar mixture, then gently fold using a rubber spatula until the mixture is a mottled dark brown. Be sure to take your time so the air doesn’t get knocked out.
- Resift the cocoa and flour mixture over the bowl of your mottled brown mixture and fold in slowly. The mixture should eventually become gooey and fudgy. Do not over-mix this, so stop just before you feel you should.
- Gently stir in the milk and white chocolate then pour mixture into the shallow tin. Place tin on the middle shelf in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. The surface of the mixture should look shiny and papery.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool in the tin until room temperature. Cut into pieces then serve!
These fabulously delicious anti-ageing recipes are just a few of the many brilliant ways in which you can incorporate our Reverse Life collagen into your diet and boost your health.
Looking for healthy and nutritious breakfast ideas? Why not try these 3 Breakfast Smoothie Ideas to Boost Skin Radiance!
This blog post was guest written by Holly Everett. Holly holds a BSc in Exercise and Sport Science along with an MA in Exercise and Sport Science: Coaching Studies. Look out for more great exercise and mobility tips from Holly coming to the Reverse Life blog.